Alliance Nepal offers homestay and volunteer in Nepal programs for students, adults and over 60’s. Generally, anyone with an interest in learning about and experiencing Nepali culture, visiting the remote local areas of Kathmandu and serving as the volunteer. The homestay and volunteer programs are flexible and catered to your interests. We offer placements in both rural and urban areas with families experienced in having foreign volunteers stay with them.
Whether your interests are research-based or you wish to have a holiday with a purpose, Alliance Nepal is here to help you make the most of your time and have a fantastic trip to Nepal. You can serve in the remote villages, serve in the community school with your group. Join hand with us to make prosperous Nepal and happy you. We already have the experience of serving in the different sector for more than 2 years now. With our young professionals guiding you in every step of the program, we can assure you that your stay with us will be fruitful, memorable and full of satisfaction. Join your hands with Alliance-Nepal for the volunteer and stay program.
No specific skills are required to volunteer in Nepal or take part in a cultural home-stay, though you should be;
- Flexible and patient, as you will be in a different culture, with those who are used to working in different ways.
- Sensitive and respectful to cultural differences.
- Understanding of prevailing work ethics; your ideas on changes are always useful and helpful to the development process, but don’t impose your ideas and values as the right; it is about cultural exchange.
- Able to use your initiative and work independently.
- Enthusiastic and open to learning and trying new things.
- Able to work as a team.
4 type of volunteer works in Nepal by Alliance Nepal
- Teaching English
- Medical Intern
- Orphanage Childcare
- Buddhist Monastery